Picking out the perfect Mother’s Day gift is hard. If your momma is anything like mine, she always says, “I don’t need anything,” or “Just get me a card.” Those good intentions leave you scrambling, wandering the aisles of a store, debating between two coffee mugs plastered with equally cheesy phrases, and wondering where you went wrong.
Whether you’ll be celebrating safely in person or over Zoom, this list is full of good picks on gifts that WIRED reviewers recommend. Better yet, they’re all on sale right now. Hopefully scoring a nice present—and saving some cash—prevents you from having an existential crisis in a Walgreens on Sunday morning. (Love you, Mom!)
Special offer for Gear readers: Get a 1-year subscription to WIRED for $5 ($25 off). This includes unlimited access to WIRED.com and our print magazine (if you’d like). Subscriptions help fund the work we do every day.
Here are a bunch more of our favorite Mother’s Day gift ideas.
- Fitbit Charge 4 for $100 ($50 off) at Amazon, Target: This is the best fitness tracker. It may be affordable, but that doesn’t stop the Charge 4 (8/10, WIRED Recommends) from packing features you’d typically find in much pricier gadgets. This deal is a match of the best we’ve seen.
- Apple Watch Series 6 for $330 ($70 off) at Amazon, Target: This is the best fitness tracker for iPhone owners. Released in 2020, the Series 6 has lots of helpful functions, like automatic fall detection, blood oxygen monitoring, and workout tracking. Here’s our full review.
- 1More ColorBuds Wireless Earbuds for $80 ($20 off): This deal has been running for a couple of weeks, but it’s still a good one. The 1More Stylish (8/10, WIRED Recommends) are the best wireless headphones—and they’re cheap! There are a few color options to choose from, too.
- Google Nest Mini for $30 ($20 off): Unless Mom needs all the bells and whistles, this is the best Google Assistant speaker (and one of our favorite smart speakers). It’s available in several colors and takes up very little space. Our full review has more details.
- Aura Digital Picture Frame for $169 ($30 off) at Amazon, Target: This is our favorite digital photo frame. WIRED reviewer Medea Giordano is a big fan of digital frames, and the Aura Carver recently topped her list. These are especially great for long-distance families. Aura frames are on sale at Moment, too, if you’d rather opt for a different style.
- Colgate Hum Electric Toothbrush for $75 ($10 off) at Amazon, Target: On Amazon, clip the on-page coupon to save. This is one of the cheapest prices we’ve tracked for the Colgate Hum. It’s the best smart toothbrush. The intelligent tracking is our favorite feature, but the cute design doesn’t hurt. Check our full review here.
- Roborock S4 Max Robot Vacuum for $310 ($120 off): Clip the on-page coupon to save. This is the best robot vacuum. While less expensive than many other robovacs, the S4 Max has great navigation functionality and super-long battery life between charges. The newer, pricier Roborock S5 Max is also on sale.
- Amazon Device Deals: Echo Dot for $30, Kindle Paperwhite for $95, and more: There are a lot of deals to choose from. Amazon device sales aren’t rare, but these prices are good. We particularly like the Kindle Paperwhite (9/10, WIRED Recommends) and the Echo Dot (8/10, WIRED Recommends) discounts. Check our buying guides on the best Kindles, streaming sevices, smart displays, and smart speakers for more help deciding. Target also has Amazon Devices on sale.
- Facebook Portal for $130 ($50 off): For better or worse, we like the Facebook Portal. It’s handy for working remotely, but it’s also great for chatting with grandparents or distanced friends. This is one of the best prices we’ve seen; other sizes are on sale, but the 10-inch is our favorite.
- Apple iPad Pro—11-inch, 2020—for $700 ($100 off): Every configuration of this iPad is on sale. The iPad Pro (9/10, WIRED Recommends) is the most luxe iPad on the market. A new version comes out later this month, but this is (and will still be) a fantastic and capable tablet for years to come. Check out our iPad buying guide if you’re unsure of which version best suits your needs.
- Fitbit Inspire 2 for $70 ($30 off) at Amazon, Target: Resident fitness-watch expert Adrienne So tried and liked the Fitbit Inspire 2. It’s smaller than Fitbit’s more expensive wearables but has many of the same features. You can even use it with Tile to find your lost phone—something the pricier Fitbits can’t do.
- Ecovacs Deebot T8 AIVI Robot Vacuum for $600 ($200 off) at Amazon, Walmart: Clip the on-page coupon to save. This luxe robot vac is also a mop, which is one reason why we recommend it. It also has smarter navigation abilities than its pricier competitors. Just be aware that the built-in camera might irk privacy-minded moms.
- Cricut Joy for $130 ($30 off) at Amazon, Target: On Amazon, clip the on-page coupon to save. The Cricut Joy (8/10, WIRED Recommends) is a neat little machine. It can make fancy greeting cards, cut out intricate vinyl shapes, and more. If your mom is obsessed with scrapbooking or rubber stamping, it might make a good crafting companion.
- Satechi Apple Device Wireless Charging Pad for $102 ($18 off): Use code FORMOM to save. Does your mom use iOS devices? Is her nightstand a mess of charging cables? She’ll probably like this gadget. It can simultaneously charge a compatible iPhone, a pair of AirPods, and an Apple Watch. We included this in our roundup of the best wireless chargers.
- Walgreens Photo Print (8×10) for Free: Use code PRINT8X10 to save. Maybe your kids feel like making macaroni picture frames, or your mom covers her fridge in family photos. Simply choose the 8 x 10 size from the dropdown menu, upload a photo, and check out. You can pick up the print for free—often on the same day.
If you still need to browse, here are a few places that might help. Be sure to check out our many buying guides for additional ideas.
- 📩 The latest on tech, science, and more: Get our newsletters!
- I called off my wedding. The internet will never forget
- AI comes to car repair, and body shop owners aren’t happy
- Plastic is falling from the sky. But where’s it coming from?
- 7 emergency preparedness apps to keep on your phone
- Who let the Doge out? The cryptocurrency is as nutty as ever
- 👁️ Explore AI like never before with our new database
- 🎮 WIRED Games: Get the latest tips, reviews, and more
- 💻 Upgrade your work game with our Gear team’s favorite laptops, keyboards, typing alternatives, and noise-canceling headphones